my ingredients to life....

my ingredients to life...
this blog is to share recent happenings, our culinary feats, knitting creations, stories of travels, and just updates of our lives in general. i believe that the small parts of each day inbetween the clock in and clock out, commute and the few precious hours of sleep really are the key components to a happy life. i am truely blessed, no complaints.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Start of Christmas Baking and Goodies

On a cold Sunday afternoon in early December, I thought it time to begin the Christmas baking. My first project was chocolate cake balls, which did not disappoint. These little fudge pockets were easy to make and fun to share!


You bake a sheet cake, let it cool completely, then break it all up into a bowl and mix in one container of ready-made frosting. You can choose any flavor combination you want, I decided on chocolate chocolate this time. I've seen funfetti and red velvet, it's up to you. After you mix, chill in the fridge to set, then shape into bite-size balls. I let them set again in the fridge for a while before covering them in melted almond bark. I had to decorate each one right after dipping because the cold chocolate set the almond bark pretty quickly.


The second project to the day was salty caramel corn. I absolutely love the combo of salt and sweet, and this recipe hit the spot. After air popping the corn, I boiled the sugar syrup combo and poured it over the corn. The batch made so much that I had to separate it out into 3 9x13 pans. Stir to even the caramel, then bake in the oven for an hour, stirring again every 15 minutes. Very easy and very tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment