my ingredients to life....

my ingredients to life...
this blog is to share recent happenings, our culinary feats, knitting creations, stories of travels, and just updates of our lives in general. i believe that the small parts of each day inbetween the clock in and clock out, commute and the few precious hours of sleep really are the key components to a happy life. i am truely blessed, no complaints.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Knit, purl, cable cross

After my knitting hobby take a 4 year hiatus through the end of undergrad into PT school, I've started up again, and almost in full force. I've been able to get faster and learn some new stitches, and can't seem to knit fast enough for all the projects I want to do. The website Ravelry has been a great source for projects, inventory keeping, and sharing of ideas. I've also found a very cute yarn boutique in town that has some beautiful, yet sometimes pricey, selections of yarn.

My current project is a scarf for my best friend. I started this project a while ago, and it is taking me a while to complete it. The time consuming aspect of this pattern is a cable cross without a cable needle every fourth stitch, every other row. Although the pattern is rather mindless, which is nice to sit and therapeutically wind the yarn around two needles after a rough day of work, the back stitching in the pattern doesn't add length to the project very quickly. But, it's turning out very nicely and I can't wait to get it done and give it to Renee!




A couple months ago I tagged along with my mom and some of her quilting compadres from Des Moines to some fabric shops in Omaha. Along I have done very little sewing and nearly no quilting in my life, I decided to make this bag for my knitting supplies. The fabric I found is so cute and I think they go together very well, if I do say so myself! I finished the bag, but not without the help of my mother and her diligent work trying to make the grommets fit over the inner canvas and layered fabric. So now the bag contains all of my needles, patterns, and knitting accessories; and with the leftover fabric, another side project was started. Post to follow upon completion....








Here is a little preview of the yarn for my next two projects. As soon as the scarf is complete, I have two projects in my queue to begin and get finished in the next two months. I love these colors!!

No comments:

Post a Comment