my ingredients to life....

my ingredients to life...
this blog is to share recent happenings, our culinary feats, knitting creations, stories of travels, and just updates of our lives in general. i believe that the small parts of each day inbetween the clock in and clock out, commute and the few precious hours of sleep really are the key components to a happy life. i am truely blessed, no complaints.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

What's important is how you got there, not what you accomplished

I started to get a sore throat last night. Yesterday evening I started getting a headached at the top of my neck and straight through to my sinuses. I made it through a work out and then out for sushi and drinks with a couple that Justin and I are friends with. This morning my throat felt like what I imagine would be the Saraha desert - burning, dry, parched. So I decided it would be a relaxing morning on the couch with cup after cup of my Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Cold Care tea, vitamin C and zinc. While web browsing for some recipes to make on Tuesday for Mardi Gras, I started to flip through the Netflix recommendations based on our recent viewings. One documentary that was suggested was 180' South. It is a film about a man's quest to climb Corcadova, a mountain in Patagonia. I thought of it kind of like Into the Wild, but for South America. Half-way through, Justin has come home from a few hours at work with cough drops and medicine and starts to watch with me. This man's travels and perspectives on life got us more excited about potentially moving to Alaska this summer. Chile has always been a country that is towards the top of my list to visit and explore. This documentary just helped it raise to the top of the list. If you get a chance, check it out. Great film!
http://www.180south.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment