my ingredients to life....

my ingredients to life...
this blog is to share recent happenings, our culinary feats, knitting creations, stories of travels, and just updates of our lives in general. i believe that the small parts of each day inbetween the clock in and clock out, commute and the few precious hours of sleep really are the key components to a happy life. i am truely blessed, no complaints.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Recent Projects

Two of my recent projects were booties and baby hats for two of my girlfriends that had a baby and are expecting. I used Ravelry to find the patterns, then found the yarn at String of Purls. SoP is a yarn shop here in Omaha that has some lovely yarns. Not a huge selection, but pretty and soft. They are also very helpful in recommendations and tips. I think that if I didn't work (ha!) I would sit in their shop all day with a cappucino or latte and just knit. I'd probably get carpal tunnel, and my wardrobe would be knit everything. But we don't have to worry about that.
So the booties. These were pretty quick and easy to make. I used 3-ply yarn for each. The first picture it the set I made for baby Camila, my friend Kendra's first child. The second are for my friend Victoria who is expecting her first. I think I like the little, quick knits. I think I made each bootie in about an hour and a half. You aren't constantly picking up and putting down the project. Get it done in one sitting - very nice. The second set was created 40,000 ft in air on my way to New Orleans. The old lady sitting next to me wouldn't leave me alone and kept asking about my knitting, annoying.
So now onto the next project. I am making a winter combo for my sister. We picked out her yarn the last time I was home. I finished the scarf and headband so now I'm working on the fingerless mittens. You'd think that I would have gotten that project finished while recoving from this cold, but my head is so congested that I can't keep track of my stitches and count rows. Maybe there will be a snow storm in April she could use them for....

No comments:

Post a Comment