my ingredients to life....

my ingredients to life...
this blog is to share recent happenings, our culinary feats, knitting creations, stories of travels, and just updates of our lives in general. i believe that the small parts of each day inbetween the clock in and clock out, commute and the few precious hours of sleep really are the key components to a happy life. i am truely blessed, no complaints.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week wrap-up

This last week went by very quickly. School is back in session, so Tuesdays for residency go by fast. We taught the students this week about neuro screens, which consists of testing sensation, muscle strength by nerve innervation groups, and reflexes. It is crazy to think back 3 years and imagine myself in that same lab. The PT1's are off to a great start. It's nice to see their enthusiasm and desire to learn, even in some of the simplest of skills.

Other news, I got my Subaru Forester 2.5x!!! I have been needing a new car, mine seemed to find one more thing each day to fall apart. From the suspension, to the electronic sensors, to the cruise control, and lastly the handle to the driver door - it was time. I have been wanting a Forester forever, but can't seem to find too many used ones for sale. Hmm... popular, reliable car maybe?? I was looking for a bit older (just to not have as high of car payments) but Justin wanted me safe. Love him! Even after coming home from the dealership that night he says, "I would have paid a lot more to know you're driving a safe car." Do I deserve this man? :) Anyway, it's beautiful, rides smooth, excellent fuel economy, and I can just start to imagine the adventures Justin and I will have.

Justin has been starting to get a bit more creative in the kitchen these days. He has been taking a few venison tenderloins and curing them. He is starting to experiment with different salt/sugar and spice ratios to have a different flavor of the meats. And they are so delicious and tender! A couple crackers and some nice cheese... And it is pretty cool knowing where the deer was from, that my dad prepared them, and all the work was done without mass production. Justin has been quite proud of his culinary accomplishments, and I'm happy to say that I am enjoying the end result!

This morning for breakfast we had Eggs Benedict with whole wheat English muffins and pancetta instead ham. AMAZING!! Just after finishing, I saw my dad's FB post about eating 10 eggs for breakfast. Justin and I didn't even come close. But our stomachs are quite content with all the buttery lemon sauce and salty pancetta and eggs. Nap time!

Today's agenda is cupcakes. I have a bit of laundry and prep work to do for this week, but it's time for me to get the baking back on schedule. I mistakenly promised my coworkers a cake 2 weeks ago and fell through, thank you busy schedule! So now every day at lunch their asking when the cake is coming. Ok, so no cake today, but cupcakes are on the way. Blog post with pics to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment