my ingredients to life....

my ingredients to life...
this blog is to share recent happenings, our culinary feats, knitting creations, stories of travels, and just updates of our lives in general. i believe that the small parts of each day inbetween the clock in and clock out, commute and the few precious hours of sleep really are the key components to a happy life. i am truely blessed, no complaints.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Koi Cupcakes

I'm bringing treats to work tomorrow - my coworkers have been on me for bringing in cake, so I borrowed an idea from a book I found. I gave the 1st edition of the book my friend, and as I was flipping through the 2nd at Border's I came across this idea. They are just yellow cup cakes and blue frosting, but the decoration makes them so cute!! I bought two bags of circus peanuts last week for me to make these, but some how in the last week the first two bags disappeared... and Justin doesn't like them.
They were a complete cinch to make, one circus peanut on top with an edge taken off for the face, then an other peanut sliced in half for top and bottom, then each cut at a diagonal for the fins. The eyes are peanut butter M&M's, the mouth a Cheerio. They don't look quite as good as the picture in the book, but I'm pretty sure those stay-at-home moms who created the book have more time to dink around and practice these sorts of things. I think if I made these again in the future, more frosting is needed to shove the decorations to help them stay, and maybe only every other cupcake is a fish, the others bubbles or waves? I don't know, we'll have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment